4/14/06

by-tor... and the snow dog!

At this very moment I am enjoying a smallish break from typing my "concert review" paper (which, coincidentially, I have not yet begun to type) to stuff my face full of chex mix and feel anxious about moving out of the dorm... to be precise, about how to get all my stuff back out of the dorm without a)breaking an arm or b)taking 400 years.

I have actually been feeling anxious about a lot of things lately. A few of these things are (in no particular order):
-Moving out/leaving Boston
-The end of the semester
-Going back to Connecticut
-Not having heard from Ken in what seems like months
-Relationships back home
-Running out of funds (and trying to work my ass off this summer)
-Probably The Future. No, definitely THE FUTURE.

Yes, THE FUTURE. That one where I sort of freak myself out and become convinced that I will have no money or friends or a job or time or probably life.

Anyway. This week has been... interesting. I had a lot to say about it but am now feeling sort of overwhelmed. In light of this, here is a Dig-style week in review:

-Last full week of classes: PLUS 2
-No death class Monday: PLUS 1
-Up to my eyeballs in Bible readings: MINUS 2
-Feeding squirrels in the park with GV, Peter, and Jared: PLUS 2
-Contracting rabies (probably) from squirrel scratch: MINUS 1
-Getting a ticket to the release of Death Cab's DVD, Directions: PLUS 4
-Spring issue of Spectrum, Astronauticus & the Dromedary released Tuesday: PLUS 2
-Amazing videos/Q&A at Directions screening at Coolidge: PLUS 3
-Lots of Drama. Lots of it. For your Momma: MINUS 6 (Yeah, SIX)
-My iPod surprising me with an excellent variety of "I'm feeling upset" songs: PLUS 1
-Seeing Death Cab for Cutie: PLUS 2
-The crap venue, assholes sitting next to me, etc.: MINUS 3
-Running out of money and therefore feeling anxious about The Future: MINUS 4
-Eating Annie's with my sister & being related in general: PLUS 3
-Going to the Black Maria film festival at the MFA: PLUS 1
-Being surprised by a great animation by Sarah Jane Lapp: PLUS 1
-Almost forgetting to write my concert review paper: MINUS 2
-Having to write my concert review paper: MINUS 1
-Getting to write about Jenny Lewis: PLUS 1
-My camera has declared itself obsolete and therefore needs to be replaced: MINUS 3
-The Me First & The Gimmie Gimmie's cover of "Nothing Compares 2 U" just came on: PLUS 1
-Missing Tierney Oberhammer in a really big way: MINUS 2
-It was 70 degrees outside this afternoon: PLUS 2

Total: PLUS 2

Ah, all is (almost) well.
c.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well as long as I am alive (which should be at least another 15-20 years, depending on how long my liver decides to put up with my alcoholism) you've always got a friend. And what else do you need besides friends? And the world will always need librarians! You're all set. Live in the moment and worry about THE FUTURE when THE FUTURE is just the boring old present.

Anonymous said...

I don't have a blogger account! :)

Anonymous said...

PS, it's Jared.